KSTU FOX 13 a Tribune Broadcasting station has an opening for a Part-Time Audio/Master Control Operator to work in our Salt Lake City Operation Center. The ideal candidate has experience with broadcast automation systems and/or strong computer skills or IT experience. Experience working in a broadcast hub facility is highly desired.
- Available for all shifts 8am to 4pm, 4pm to 12am, and 12am to 8am. ON CALL.
- Monitors the automation system for proper event execution
- Accurately checks every aspect of each log in the automation system
- Keeps all stations in compliance with FCC rules and regulations governing television broadcasters including EAS requirements, closed captioning logs and compliance with the FCC Children’s Television Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Studio mixing techniques with the ability to utilize multiple sources.
- Master Control or Audio experience preferred
- Must be capable of using IT-based equipment in a broadcast environment
- Computer knowledge, familiarity with server playback and recording, and automation systems preferred
- Aptitude for operating broadcasting audio equipment, IFB systems, Mix-Minus.
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
Company InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.