Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
The Audio Assist (A2/Stage Manager) is a full-time, project-based position that should last for approximately 18 months.
Job Duties:Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming, under supervision of Director & Operations ManagementPerform facility check with A1 from all mic and IFB positions in studio before daily production schedule beginsSet up (pre-set, dress) and remove all mics and IFBs from guests prior to and after their appearance on SNYPro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity studio appearance and all associated audio equipment including mics, IFBs, batteries, cables etc., notifying Operations management should either be in need of repair, replacement or maintenanceStage sets as needed for all programmingMaintain and inventory studio propsAssist on-screen hosts and guests as needed to facilitate production (as needed)Willingness and ability to train others as needed
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- A1 Operator experience a plus
- Aptitude and desire to be trained at the next technical level (TD, Audio)
- With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, Video, Playback)
- Familiarity with NY sports a plus
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.