Ideally, you spend eight hours a day in your bedroom catching some z’s. That’s one-third of your day, people—and it would be a huge waste to hate a space you spend so much time in. So don’t. Love it instead, with the addition of a few superhero pieces. You know, the ones that are amazingly multifunctional but also happen to be easy on the eyes. And guess what? Such rare gems can be found at the same place you buy picture nails and Command strips: The Home Depot. Talk about a one-stop shop. Below, the five game-changing Home Depot products that will transform your bedroom immediately upon their arrival and therefore make 33 percent of every day so much better.
1. A big mirror: It will bounce the natural light your room gets around the space—and serve as a reminder not to run out the door looking like a hot mess.
2. A storage bench: Who said your bedroom can’t accommodate a place to sit and put your shoes on? The secret: Make the seat do double-duty. When a piece has hidden storage, the space it takes up is totally worth it.
3. A light (or three) that’s on your level: “Overhead lighting washes the room in one bright color and can even be quite headache-inducing!” the founders of online interiors shop Rockett St George once told us. No one wants that. Instead, place a couple lamps throughout your room for a much cozier vibe that’s also conducive to diving in to your latest book-club read.
4. Something fuzzy underfoot: Layer a faux sheepskin on top of your existing rug, in the spot where you get out of bed in the morning. You’ll be thanking us come 7 a.m., when your cold toes hit a warm, fluffy surface.
5. A simple peg rail: There’s not a lot a peg rail can’t do. There’s the obvious—storage for hats, coats, and that boa from a bachelorette party—and then there’s the not-so-obvious—a spot for hanging a plant, a place to lean artwork, and a place to dry calming herbs like lavender.