Hundreds of families flock to Schedel Arboretum and Gardens each year for the Easter Egg Hunt throughout the 17-acre property. (Photo: Jon Stinchcomb/News Herald)
OTTAWA COUNTY – Activities for the Easter season are getting underway this week with the annual City of Port Clinton Easter Egg Hunt.
The city and the Port Clinton Chamber of Commerce will host a public egg hunt at 10 a..m. Saturday at Lakeview Park. The Easter Bunny will meet with children and there will be 4,000 candy-filled eggs plus prizes and baskets.
Other holiday events include:
• Oak Harbor, 2nd Annual Easter Egg-stravaganza, 6 to 7:30 p.m. April 10. The event at Oak Harbor High School includes face painting, balloon animals, games, crafts, an egg hunt and pictures with the Easter Bunny. The event is free.
• Oak Harbor Annual Egg Hunt, 2 p.m. Saturday . The Oak Harbor Chamber of Commerce will hold the annual egg hunt at the Log Cabin in Adolphus Kraemer Park, followed by a candy hunt downtown. Then its off to the Portage Fire Station on Water Street where children can visit the Easter Bunny for photos and a chance to win a special Golden Egg Basket. This free event is open to children ages 12 and under. Call the chamber at 419-898-0479 for more information.
• Marblehead Lions Easter Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. Saturday. The Lions Club will host the egg hunt in James Park for children ages 12 and under. There will be 4,500 eggs with a prize inside. Age groups will be 4 and under, 5 to 8 and 9 to 12. One child in each group will receive a golden egg and win a bicycle. The Easter Bunny will appear for photos. Parents are asked to bring a basket or bag to carry children’s goodies. This is a free event and will be held rain or shine.
• 4th Annual Schedel Arboretum Easter Egg Hunt, 5:30 to 7:30 April 18. The egg hunt at the arboretum and gardens in Elmore will host two egg hunts rain or shine. Times will be 5:45 to 6:10 p.m. and 6:30 to 7 p.m. Other activities will include cooking decorating, storytime, Bench’s Greenhouse will host a plating station and there will be an Easter-themed Crayola coloring print to take home or hand at the Elmore Post Office.Bring a basket. The event is free. Canned good donations will be collected for the Elmore Food Bank. Visit schedel-gardens.org/calendar.html for details.
• Hayes Home Annual Egg Roll, 2 to 3:30 p.m. April 20. The annual event is for children ages 3 to 10 and is held on the law of the Rutherford B. Hayes Home at the Presidential Library & Museums at Spiegel Grove in Fremont. Admission is free.
Kids are asked to bring three hard-boiled, colored eggs for use in traditional egg games like those played at the White House Easter Egg Roll.
Prizes in the egg games are awarded in six age categories, and each kid receives a balloon and treats. Additionally, the Easter Bunny will make an appearance.
There will also be face painting, cornhole games, story time and craft activities. Kids also can bring a hard-boiled, decorated egg to enter in an egg-decorating contest. For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org.
Read or Share this story: https://www.portclintonnewsherald.com/story/news/2019/04/09/easter-activities-kick-off-week-throughout-ottawa-county/3409340002/